Friday, June 14, 2013

Bum knee... and lightning capital of the world!

(sorry for the delay....we were on vacation) 
~Kristi

 Letter from Monday June 10th
Hey Everybody! 

This week has been a downer week... I still am having knee problems and its been crazy. I have been doing the best I can and it still is so hard. I want to do all this stuff but I can't. It has been a trial... and Elder Weston has been telling me that there has to be a reason why this happened ...so I have been wondering why. I may never know... 

Anyway...Monday we had a good time. We had a district p-day and we all went ice skating...except me..lol. I watched them and carried all of their stuff. Then we went to 4 Rivers Smokehouse for lunch. It was so good. Later we went to Goldenrod's area and they played Racquetball... I kept score.. lol. After that we went shopping and then we went to see "H & T"..they are doing so good. 

Tuesday we got up and I worked out oober hard....it was good.  Then we went to the store to get some supplies for our map book.  We went home and I iced my knee for most of the day. We had dinner with the Anderson's that night and then we went and saw Stroye. We went home and iced my leg more. 

Wednesday we got up and Stroye called us and he needed our help. His wife went to Nebraska to get her daughter and all of her stuff that they had in storage. So we helped unload there moving truck (they did I supervised) and we did that for a while. Then Bro. Naughtin (the doctor) asked us if we could go to scouts that night and talk about budgeting... so we did that and helped them understand the importance of it.  Bro. Naughtin checked out my leg again and he called President Hall about it...and by the way we are getting a new President in a week or two. It's going to be crazy... I am going to miss them a lot. Anyway..about my knee...the doctor said I have to stay off of it to let it heal or I may need surgery. Its been so hard and I have been frustrated because I want to work. And I feel bad because I am keeping Elder Weston from working too. It sucks bad.

Thursday we had a Zone Training Meeting which was good... I learned a lot from that. After that we went to Chick-fil-a... that is Elder Weston's tradition to go there after a ZTM. We went to Stroye's later and helped finish up the moving truck. Then we got to go see "H & T" with a member...and that was really good. 

Friday we had weekly planning... which was the shortest one that I've had.  Then after we couldn't really do anything... so we went on the computers and read past conference talks.  "H & T" called and wanted to take us to Jeremiahs Ice... so that was a good time.

Saturday we cleaned our apartment... and went on the computers until dinner time. We went to Olive Garden because a member gave us a gift card to use there. After dinner we went to "H & T's" to talk about their baptism this coming Saturday, June 15th... which is so crazy how time is flying by! I am so excited for them! 

Sunday was good... we had 5 gators come to church. It was so awesome! We got home after church and we set up appointments for the week. Then we went to Stroye's to teach his 10 yr old daughter... that was cool. His wife wanted me to fix her laptop... and i did.. lol so that was fun. 

That was my week... plus A LOT of rain! The Tropical storm was SO AWESOME...so much lightning!! I know now why Florida is the lightning capital of the world... it was so cool!! 
I hope that you all have a fantastic week and I love you al! 

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALWAYS 
Love Elder Green

No comments:

Post a Comment